Wednesday 1 January 2014

Somewhere Only We Know

HEY 2014!

nah I'm not really looking forward to this year with it being jam-packed with preps for the A Levels. BUT LETS GO!

Anyway I won't be posting long rubbishy posts (I hope) as often as I used to. Probably can't afford the time to mull through. Writing has always been a way of relieving the pent up pressure in me, because I don't really like talking about my feelings except to a few good friends who are pretty trustworthy.

And I'm not a brilliant writer who aces her lit essays and GP tests with flower power wower language and all sorts of jargon but I am always writing, be it here in my puny blog or in my own personal diary, Qlo. Haha I started naming each volume of diary (I have 5 volumes since primary 5!) after being inspired by the book on Anne Frank's diary which she named Kitty, because it does feel like I'm talking to a friend when I write.

Of course, the stuff in Qlo is much more personal and straightforward compared to what I write here, just in case y'know, someone who knows me reads it and starts bitching about my opinions to others. It does happen, not to me of course because I think I'm pretty much towards the neutral or safe side when it comes to opinions here.

But one day when I am old and failing in memory, I hope to have all my diaries by my side to read and revel in the pains and gains of the past, or probably pass them on to another family member before I die.

Haha I'm writing all these while playing 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane covered by Lily Allen. This is one of the few songs I kinda get so close to tearing up to because it's such a sad piece. But whenever I read my entries again, I feel like I'm going back to somewhere only I know, as myself.


The song is for John Lewis advert 2013, The Bear and the Hare, which is really nice. I watched the making of the advert and it's really amazing how they set up the backdrop and setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment