Thursday 26 December 2013

Baubles and Bubbles


So Christmas was over yesterday! It didn't feel very Christmas-sy to me though, even though I went for a Christmas party at Jess' awesome house on Christmas Eve and went for my church's Christmas play on Christmas Day.

I'd love to have a white Christmas elsewhere (it's really impossible for it to snow in S'pore here even though it snowed in Thailand and Vietnam), with family and friends in a lovely wooden lodgehouse sitting by the fireplace with a brightly lit Christmas tree (Haven't had one since primary school) and all sorts of lovely Christmas food.

That's the classic, and way way way better than spending every Christmas either staying home alone watching the movies or waiting to be asked out by friends. So this year was slightly better because I went to a party (I can't even remember how I spent last Christmas)

 
Dawn, Wenli, Lynn and I went to Jess' house for her party and I loved the ambience and atmosphere there! Jess and her family are really great hosts and I felt really comfortable! Plus the food was awesome - there was ham, turkey, angel-hair pasta, vegetable salad, oxtail stew (didn't dare to try it haha), potato salad and a lot more.
 
"In this household, you're not allowed to be shy - just eat okay?" Jess' mom wagged her finger at the dinner table after Jess' introduced Dawn and myself.
"Yeah, at least 5 rounds okay!" her dad chimed in. Haha I really like her folks :)
 
Jess' mom offered me a glass of white wine which was really nice of her. I was supposed to share it with Dawn but Dawn didn't like it so I finished it and turned quite red - I didn't know I was red until Boston commented about it and fetched me a cup of water to cool myself down (such a gentleman LOL) Trust me I wasn't drunk and it isn't the first time I drank alcohol - it's just that I turn red really easily.
 
I chatted with Boston and Wen Rui (made a new acquaintance!) about family and animals - we were laughing about Boston having owned a mini aquarium before with a pufferfish, eels, soft-shelled turtles and arowanas, and how Skippy caused the deaths of my hamsters and terrapins before. Then the five of us A15 girls played a few rounds of bridge with Baileys' before Dawn and I left since we live in the north/northwest.
 
My sister Stacey's boyfriend just returned from London (work) to spend Christmas and New Year's, and he got Christmas presents for my family! (plus point for future brother-in-law) I love what he got for me - a pair of brown shoes:
 
 
He got it a few sizes too big though - it's a size 41 and I'm a size 39 so I've to wear some really thick socks and tie the laces tight. But thanks Justin!!:D
 
My dad just got me a new phone (both my sisters agreed to pay some for me haha) and a new plan!!! Haha it's a white iPhone 5c :DDD Stacey was grumbling why I didn't get another colour since the 5c line is kinda popular for it's colours. But they only had white, blue and green left. I would've gotten yellow if they had it. With this I DON'T FEEL SO AWKWARD ANYMORE haha my iPhone 3 was really slow and laggy, and it's really inconvenient without a data plan, so thanks a lot :D
 
Sigh New Year's coming really soon and then THE STRESSFUL J2 YEAR! -cries- pls let me survive through to this time next year!
 
Here's ending with a song that's been stuck in my head - Gravity by Sara Bareilles covered by Alex and Sierra who won the X Factor!:D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment