Friday 20 December 2013

To Let Go

 
 
Letting go is such a hard thing to do even though it means to release some of the load on our hands.
We've been so accustomed to the weight that letting go leaves a void in us. We hate to lose. It doesn't get any better after we let go too.
 
We only appreciate something after it's gone. Light when it's burning low, sun when it starts to snow, know we've been feeling high when we're feeling low, hate the road when we're missing home.
 
But if we choose not to focus on what we've lost, and still be thankful for what we still have, it doesn't feel all that bad after all.
 
Easier said than done.
 
I'm starting to let go more and more of my past. I'm not going back. Not ever. Things I've started and been through and ended I will not touch again, and even things I've always lacked the courage to start I will push off and move on. I will go where the currents take me and hopefully it will carry my body back to shore.
 
I will miss the good times, reminiscing. I will walk on bravely and try my best not to wonder what it would've been if I had been braver, or to be sad knowing the corridors I will pass won't be the same again even if it's the same place.
 
If I drop more and more, I can't imagine how light and carefree I'd be. Maybe that would be freedom. It is absurd how so many people crave freedom when their idea of freedom is escape from a fate they dislike and to a fate they want to share with the people they want to be with. How can that be called freedom when you are still bound by ties? You can't run away to pure freedom. Trying to run away only means you're still bound.
 
 
Freedom comes when you let go. Maybe it isn't freedom gained for you, but it's freedom given to others. Release that tight grip, and send it off on its way.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment