Saturday 7 December 2013

Korea - A Fairytale Land

So I just got back home in Singapore at 6.00AM this morning from South Korea!

IT. WAS. AWESOME.
 
During my 8D7N stay in S. Korea, I felt so at home with my surroundings, and everything was almost perfect - even the public toilets!
 
I set off for Korea with aims to capture everything in my lil camera, but my fast-dying battery limited me, and every now and then I put my camera away to really turn my full attention to the beauty of the landscape, absorbing every bit of the splendid surroundings.
 
Since I didn't really get pics of all the places we went, I figured I might not upload the pics on Facebook - besides, Dhiraj (one of the two only boys on the trip) had almost everything taken on his super-kickass camera. I'll just be posting a few beautiful pics (touched-up with little edits on the exposure settings here and there) here. Don't judge my photo-taking skills too much! :)
 

Nicole! My A15 buddy and roomie hahaha
 

The Noryangjin Fish Market -I wish we had one of these here in SG. Everything looks so fresh - I'd totally go shopping at the market everyday.
 


The countryside!
 

 
Had bibimbap and it was YUMMAYEEE
 


Found a lonely smiling snowman someone else made at the Alpensia Intercontinental ski resort.
 


Love this whole lodgehouse in the snow feeling!
 


Taking a drive along the blue sea on a clear blue day.
 


The view from my hotel window at the second ski resort we stayed (High1 Ski Resort).
 


Autumn colours at the Sunbi Folk Village where we stayed in traditional houses.
 


Oh, the melancholic feels of looking at bare branches with a few solitary flowers here and there :')
 


Watching the sun setting on a little river from a little bridge in Sunbi Folk Village.
 


More traditional houses in the village decorated with these red flowers :))
 


The autumn colour explosion!
 


A Buddhist temple - calm and relaxing, perfect for mulling over thoughts.
 


The wishes and hopes of the many who've come to stack rocks and pray for miracles at the temple of the Goddess of Mercy.
 


Every wish matters.
 

 
Shadows of barer trees cast on high walls.


Bustling streets of Seoul.
 


The lovely road leading to Gyeongbok Palace and the Presidential Blue House.
 



The pavilion where the King (not sure which) rested whenever he was stressed out. I can see why he likes it there - it's so quiet and calming.
 


 
I love the colourful and elaborate designs on the roofs!:)
 

A flock of birds flying free in the blue skies near the DMZ.
 

 
At Dorasan Train Station (DMZ) leading to Pyeongyang (we didn't go there tho haha).
 
I'll definitely come back to Korea, maybe even live there because I love it there. The food, the people and the sights and sounds are just so welcoming that I had no problem adjusting, so much so it felt like I was a part of it rather than just a visiting tourist.
 
The places I've been to look like images I'd google and ogle at longingly, and I can't believe I was there seeing it with my own eyes.
 
It was like a fairytale.


No comments:

Post a Comment