Friday 6 June 2014

You're No Tragic Hero


So what are you? Are you the main character of your life? Sure.

But you aren't the main character in their lives, you see.

Sure, you failed, you are heartbroken, you were cheated, you are upset.

But you forget millions and billions and trillions of others are like that too. People who are even probably dead have been through that, people in future who have yet to see this wretched world, people who brush past you in the streets. What makes you think "No one understands me"? You really think you're that special? That you're the tragic hero or the damsel in distress of this play?

Don't make me laugh.

A life that is full of complexities. Yet you underestimate it.

I don't blame any living person for hoping. I don't hate myself for wishing there's a silver lining.

But if you constantly wallow in your sorry pit of self-pity, bitterly remind NOT ONLY yourself but everyone around you of the disappointing event that did not go your way expecting sympathy and soothing words, then i have nothing but scorn for you and your weak resolve.

I am no iron woman myself. But unlike the tragic heroes and distressed damsels I do not intend to constantly make known my sorrows and pain to people who probably do not care at all. I do not want to be protected by half-hearted individuals. I want to be strong and be constantly moving forward.

You are no tragic hero, and neither am I. And in our lives we will face numerous setbacks and failures unlike the tragedies of the heroes we study. And there won't always be an audience who will bestow upon you the honour of their attention.

Instead of being sorry, we should be filled with the motivation of moving on with a realistic and almost brilliant scheming mind like Iago's, albeit without his villainy.

You're no tragic hero in this real world. You are mistaken if you feel that way. A true tragic hero never knows he is because of his ignorance towards his hamartia.

And what's there to follow? How often do you have anagnorisis, the reversal of ignorance to knowledge, with your stubborn mind?

I've had enough of your drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment