Sunday 17 November 2013

Living Disney


I've been watching the old Disney movies these days, one movie after another, and i'm in the whole Disney mood now!! Been listening to all the songs too and sighhhh i'm all swept away by them :)

People say stuff like how these stories are kinda warped, with Cinderella staying out till midnight etc etc. IT'S JUST A HARMLESS FAIRYTALE. Besides you don't commonly see lovestruck girls marrying their real life princes in less than a week after meeting them (happens in most of the Disney princess shows if you've noticed).

I'm more swayed by the songs than the actual storylines actually - some of them are stuck in my head, like I Won't Say I'm In Love from Hercules, Just Around The Riverbend and Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas, You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan, On My Way from Brother Bear etc etc.

 
I like this song cos it's pretty true some girls (not excluding myself) keep denying they're in love sometimes thinking it's all too cliché and they'd probably make a wrong judgement, but in the end, as the last stanza of the song is, "at least out loud, I won't say I'm in love." :)
 
But life is definitely not a Disney film, because not all of us are as lucky as those main characters are, blessed with good looks, good intentions, fairy godmothers or genies, chances to meet "princes" and all.
 
We can only imagine it and keep those spirits in our heart, warm like a fireplace. It won't guarantee us the Happily Forever After we wish for, but it would probably make living a lot easier.
 
Thank you, Walt Disney :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment