Saturday 9 July 2016

Koisuru Fortune Cookie

http://www.zerochan.net/1733203

I'd really like to be able to hop onto a plane and fly away to the places of my dreams.

Not that I'm longing to run away from the harshness of life and reality, but because I have a sort of ache inside my soul that longs for an adventure. One of the things I want to do in this life on Earth is to see the magnificent milky way. I want to be surrounded by a dark blanket of countless twinkling stars. The thing about beautiful things (hah) is that we always long to admire them, but it always hurts somehow when you can't do anything else except to gaze at them. You can't own them, you can't keep any of it, except for a fleeting memory. I guess it's like falling in love in a sense - just that there's still a way to be close to whoever you're admiring since they are interactive beings who can respond to your feelings.

This past week aside from celebrating my birthday, I had Dawn over to hang out. I cooked us some pasta for lunch while Dawn sat in the kitchen and talked to me (I was quite impressed with how I could multi-task cutting up, boiling and cooking stuff and holding a conversation all at once - great job, me :D) 



We watched the first episode of a new anime called Hatsukoi Monster, which is about 5th graders who look like ikemen (handsome) high school boys - we couldn't stop laughing at how absurd it was. Do check it out if you're interested LOL.

Then since Dawn has recently come to be interested in make-up (far cry from her prior "I DON'T NEED MAKE-UP TO LOOK PRETTY or something stance to makeup) but didn't quite know how it works, I decided to put makeup on her since I've been using some basic makeup for about two years now. I put makeup on her before when we were going to attend a VJ choir concert, and at that time I was amateurish so I didn't do a really good job with it. This time I think I did way better. The only problem was that the products I used are what I usually use for my own face - which is a little too light for Dawn's skin tone. I ended up turning her into a cross between a K-Pop idol and a ghost HAHA





I also completed the Totoro jigsaw puzzle my parents got for me! After dinner on Tuesday I decided to start on it, and Mom and Dad sat down together to help fix it too. I expected to complete the puzzle over a course of a few days, but the process was so riveting that we couldn't quite stop till we fitted in the last piece 2.5 - 3 hours later. We framed it and now its up on my wall! (let's play Spot the Totoros in the picture LOL)



Anyway it's less than a month till school reopens again (THIS SUMMER BREAK ISN'T ENOUGH orzzz). It's back to worrying about what modules to take, how to cope with school, work and other commitments (which aren't many actually). Can't I just live a leisurely life enjoying a piece of watermelon T_T 



I'll end of with my favourite cover of AKB48's 恋するフォーチュンクッキー Koisuru Fortune Cookie. Two things I like about this cover - 1. the energetic and cheerful upbeat vocals, guitar and percussion really makes for an enlivening song 2. the guy in the middle, Johnny Saito, looks so much like the senpai I hid behind walls to admire from my JC days! Pffft of course that's all in the past now and I don't crush on my senior anymore - it's just that it's somehow pretty cool how you can find someone that looks so much like another person.




No comments:

Post a Comment