Tuesday 24 March 2015

Excitement


The things that make me all breathless and wide-eyed with excitement are usually the things I love. And what comes to mind immediately when I think of what could make me feel that way are three things - anime, games and eye candies. 

Anime is my life. It has shaped the way I look at the world and people around me, making reality less mundane and dreams possibly more accessible. I realise my thought processes are a lot like some anime characters - sometimes even my actions. For example it has become natural for me to go "ehhhhhhhhh?" when I want to express doubt. Weird but yes, you can see how much it has rubbed off on me.

Just yesterday I was out for most of the day with Iggy, exploring Haw Par Villa, chilling out at Vivo City and then (FINALLY) watching The Last: Naruto the Movie at West Mall. I was so excited to watch the movie - spazzing from Haw Par Villa all the way to West Mall and going all nuts when we finally bought our tickets and received a The Last: Naruto the Movie fan together with the tickets. 

When the movie started with a stunning run through of the history of ninjas from when Kaguya Otsutsuki ate the forbidden fruit to when Hashirama Senju and Uchiha Madara clashed to when Minato and Kushina sacrificed their lives to seal Kurama in Naruto (all non-Naruto watchers be like what????) I was controlling myself from shrieking and flailing because there was so much emotion welling up inside me - as a Naruto fan, remembering the long journey of the finished series just tugged at my heartstrings.

However truth to be told I was honestly disappointed at the end because I had expected a more mindblowing action filled plot involving more characters fighting instead of the focus on the romance between Naruto and Hinata and not to mention the 5 minute long cheesy scene at the end of the movie. Still, the fact that the series now has a closure made me more than satisfied generally. I'm looking forward to the August release of Boruto the Movie which focuses on the next generation of ninjas! CAN'T WAIT.

Iggy recommended new animes to watch - Kuroko no Basuke and Attack on Titan. I'm probably gonna try Attack when I finish the present animes I'm watching though I'm not too excited because this anime is not all fantasy and dreams due to its gory content. Sure I do love horror gore but I like to keep my anime preferences clean. But since Iggy recommended it so much I guess I could try?

Next up, I'm getting all excited for Final Fantasy XV! The trailers look promising and I'm getting hyped up to know more about the game plot. Sadly I don't think I'll be getting the game because it's produced for PS4 and PC (I only have a PS3 and I don't like playing such awesome games on a small PC screen), and I haven't even finished FFXIII! I'm a little unmotivated to continue completing the game because I haven't touched the console for about 2 weeks. I should try to complete it before university starts shouldn't I?

Lastly, EYE CANDIES. My eye candies usually fall in the same category of appearance - big, magnetic eyes (the most important feature), shy looking guys! There's my senior from college, that guy I saw at Uniqlo in Japan and I'm pretty sure there are a few more I've seen before but just can't remember. I go all fan-girl mode and (prepare yourself this is gonna be disgusting):

1. Bury my face into my pillow and scream and giggle like mad
2. Roll around in my bed 
3. Pound my pillow 
4. Peep at the photo again
5. Repeat steps 1 - 4.

Say if I'm outside and don't have the comfort of my bed and pillows to do the above, I break into this stupid grin, turn really red and keep glancing at the eye candy. Sometimes I tell someone. Like in Japan, I ran to my dad (because mom and Stacey were nowhere to be seen) and just said "Dad there's this really cute guy over there." And brought him over to see. Why? BECAUSE GOOD THINGS ARE MEANT TO BE SHARED.

Eye candies and real crushes are different. I would go crazy seeing an eye candy but wouldn't particularly want to get to know him because I just like to look at him. Crushes, on the other hand, are people whom you develop an interest in because of their personality or actions that attract you and make you want to know more about them.

Yeap, that's all about things I love that make my blood boil with excitement!



No comments:

Post a Comment