Thursday 2 April 2015

Avoiding Trouble


I'm an aunt! Haha baby Eliza Chin was born yesterday (yes, it just had to be April Fools' Day right?) around 5.25pm at Thomson Medical Centre. I was at work in the zoo getting updates on the family whatsapp group from when Stella got admitted in the morning to when she finally gave birth in the evening right before I knocked off from work. We visited her later at night and finally saw Eliza! The feeling is indeed different from when I see other babies, because my own sister gave birth to her.

Apart from all the excitement, there's a whole slew of problems arising over the care of both mother and newborn. My mom tells me about how the in laws fuss over Stella even though my sister sometimes emphasises that it really is unnecessary to do that, such as making tonics for her to drink. And somehow my mom is also involved which makes things troublesome (cue Shikamaru's "mendokusai").

This whole in laws thing further adds to a list of reasons why I don't intend to get hitched if I can help it. It's too troublesome. Of course we all do know and understand that my mom and my sister's mother in law are deeply concerned about the health and wellbeing of the mother- daughter pair, but i really think that all the disagreements and complaining in between are just a waste of time. 

Basically all pointless, petty, prideful arguments are a waste of time, energy and thought. Most of the quarrels I see in couples are actually very trivial (and somehow follows an unfortunate trend where women are most of the time the unreasonable ones). Fuelled by pride and a need to be right, both sides go on and on about how their opinion is correct and how their partner's are irrelevant - nobody is actually listening to each other. Which is one of the biggest flaws of people in this world. 

For me, unless I'm terribly wronged, id rather just keep my mouth shut and focus my energies on something more productive rather than try to prove a point of some stupid trivial squabble. However im only speaking from a third person's perspective. If I ever get into a relationship I might commit the same faults I detest and never realise it. Because love is blind isn't it pfft.

Anyway I'm excited to see how Eliza will grow as she starts her life on this world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment