Tuesday 10 March 2015

Tomorrow


In the midst of packing for my trip to Japan I couldn't help but admire the colours in my luggage so I snapped a shot.

I can't believe it's tomorrow! I'll be hopping on my flight to the land of the rising sun - the land of my dreams. I've waited 18 years for this and it's finally here! SO EXCITED.

I can't wait to take all the pretty pictures of Tokyo and post it all up! I follow many Japanese instagrammers and all their posts are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to experience the beauty of Japan with my own five senses! I CAN'T WAIT! but I still have to, for at least the next 30 hours or so.

My friend Zahran at the zoo (and fellow Jap culture and otaku junkie) was telling me not to just post pretty pictures when I'm at Tokyo - I should take a few featuring myself as well. Welllll I guess I'll try. 

I'm trying to fill my Instagram with pretty pictures of the world I live in and so it's a lot of "lenses facing out, not facing yourself". And I don't think featuring my face in every square of the Instagram account grid is very nice since I'm not the most photogenic or fashionable person you'll meet. I'd rather capture the beautiful things of this world. 

Sean O' Connell the photographer in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (hands down one of my favourite shows) said "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." Which I absolutely agree with. And all the more I want to capture these silent beauties of the world, be it a single flower, a sunbathing cat or a lonely alleyway.

Oh dear look at me blabber about my idealistic thoughts. And I was talking about Japan in the first place. Basically I AM SO HAPPY I'M GOING TO JAPAN!
I'll be back soon with pictures of my adventure there, promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment