Wednesday 25 February 2015

Jitters


It's here. Well not yet, but it's coming. The dreaded A level results day. NEXT MONDAYYYYYYY ~ *thunderclaps*

Sigh I really don't like the feeling of waiting for something to happen, and results release are always dreadful. I still remember having wrote a post before the release of my O level results, and now I'm reliving those feelings of apprehension.

What's done is already done and I don't expect a miracle to happen like my O level results. I've always handled bad results well throughout school life - never broke down in front of people, mulled over it too long etc., because I know getting depressed won't help and would spoil the mood for other people. I would accept it, still feel a little disappointed, but just shake off that shroud of depression and try to forgive myself.

But ugh it's hard to say if I can maintain that threshold of forbearance next Monday. After all, my results would kinda be a huge determining factor in my career path in future now won't it?

No matter. I need to focus on keeping a cool head and just taking things in stride. Be that cool, unconcerned sunbathing cat on a blue roof. The world doesn't end just because I can't get the right number of As or rank points on my result slip.

Anyway I have lots of things to look forward to after the results release. The Last - Naruto the Movie will be showing in theatres on 12 March (YATTAA!), I'll be in my dream land of Japan for a week, and I made plans with Iggy to go explore Haw Par Villa so that I could take more pictures! 

Yeap, I should keep my eyes on things that are more meaningful rather than waste my time (and other people's time) being all upset and moody.

No comments:

Post a Comment