Wednesday 12 November 2014

My Daytime Shooting Star

Just recently (2 days ago?) Vernice introduced a manga she was reading...AND NOW I'M HOOKED.
This isn't the most appropriate time to be caught up in some distraction but I feel so HAPPY reading this manga!

It's called Hirunaka no Ryuusei (Daytime Shooting Star), a shoujo-type manga about a countryside girl called Suzume Yosano who comes to live with her uncle in Tokyo and gets caught up in some love triangle with her popular and charismatic (and smoking hot) teacher Shishio Satsuki (24 years old), and her cool and aloof classmate Mamura Daiki (16 years old) who doesn't really interact much with girls.


When I read the manga on the first day, just 6 chapters in I already did the following hundreds of times over:

1) Scream (softly) to myself
2) Bury my face into a pillow
3) Throwing my phone (on my bed) and flailing about wildly
4) Pounded my pillow with my fists
5) All of the above in succession

Shishio-sensei is the real killer. He is charismatic, cool, humorous, mature, cute, good-looking, dresses well etc etc ETCCCCCCC (KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) *HEART BURSTS INTO SMITHEREENS*

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE SHISHIO-SENSEI! He looks gorgeous with and without glasses even I can't even...But since Shishio is a teacher of course the romance between Suzume and him is kinda forbidden. Vernice likes the other guy Mamura though.
Mamura is really cute because he can't touch girls (and girls can't touch him ooooh) or else he'll turn red.


And he's really cool too because he found out (through his own observations) that Suzume and Shishio kinda have a thing for each other and went to confront Shishio (SO COOL). Whenever Suzume's down or whatever and Shishio can't help her (because he's a teacher), Mamura goes and cheer her up in his own cool and aloof way. So Shishio and Mamura has this rivalry going on which is OOOOOOOHHHH SMOKING HOT.




Okay I'm fangirling WAY too much. Of course these are purely my fictional fantasies (and pretty unhealthy ones too). But there are some minor elements which I envy and wish to experience too. Of course I won't be so unrealistic as to expect all the cliche and mushy plots these mangas have.

For example Suzume bought Shishio a neck tie for his birthday, and since she didn't know what pattern he likes and has bad fashion sense she got him a sushi-pattern necktie (because that's her favourite food) LOL.


Shishio who usually has very good style wore the tie the next day and became a laughing stock for the students. However he scolded them and retorted that it was his favorite tie and even though Suzume felt bad for embarrassing Shishio she felt happy  that he wore it and even regarded it as his favourite.

I'd also want a guy who'd wear something that I bought for him and regard it as his favourite accessory even though it's embarrassing or doesn't suit him at all!

Haha I've finished it right up to the latest chapter and now I'm having withdrawal symptoms gosh. I'm following 4 mangas now including this (Skip Beat!, Inu X Boku SS, Corpse Party), waiting for new chapters to come for all of them. 

Oh and yesterday was Dawn's birthday so after Lit we went to City Hall because I needed to buy Tokyo Banana for my mom. We went to have lunch together at some Ramen place (the ramen was awesome) aaaaaaand i guess that's how we celebrated poopface's birthday!





A lot of our peeps from school ship the both of us, but sorry to disappoint you we're really just the best of friends haha. Although sometimes I do feel like I act the role of her boyfriend or something by being the more mature and calmer of the both of us LOL. Besides, Dawn has her Lego and I have...I have Shishio sensei <3 Damn I really miss the feeling of being in love actually.

I suddenly felt like drawing after a LOOOOOONNNGGG time so I decided to try drawing a manga-version of myself. Of course I'm not an Art student so my drawing is neither brilliant nor is it realistic cos I did try to make myself look good.


I'm pretty proud of the hair though - I took a picture of myself and started copying my hairstyle from the photo to make it look as realistic as possible. Sad to say my eyes aren't that big and my nose isn't small and pointy at all and I never ever look glam like that BUT I TRIED HAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment