Sunday 7 June 2015

ライブ・スペクタクル (Live Spectacle) NARUTO


KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I needed to get out some pent-up excitement first haha. I'm still feeling the high from yesterday!

As you can see from the post title and photo header, this post is going to be all about NARUTO. But first things first, let me start on the 'NARUTO Project', or 'NARU PURO' for short. After the beloved manga series ended with its 700th chapter last year, NARU PURO was launched to commemorate 15 years of the series (oh the feels), with a whole line-up of events set up.

The logo for NARU PURO as seen above features the silhouettes of the great Fourth Hokage Namikaze Minato, main character and eventual Seventh Hokage Uzumaki Naruto, and last but not least Uzumaki Boruto of the new generation of Konoha shinobi. I can't think of a better logo to aptly represent the generations of shinobi in this long running series, and it makes me go a little emotional thinking back on the difficult but motivating growth of dear Naruto. We all literally watched Naruto grow so he lives within us all *clenches fists with tears streaming*.

ANYWAY.

Back in March when Iggy and I were wandering around Resorts World Sentosa, Iggy suddenly pointed upwards and lo and behold we saw the billboard ad for NARUTO Live Spectacle. We got our tickets booked not too long after, counting down the days to 6th June which flew past pretty fast. FINALLY, we were back at the exact same spot where we first saw the ad, this time with tickets in hand ready to experience the show of a lifetime. I was so excited - I was surrounded by fellow comrades (NARUTO fans) EVERYWHERE. There were even a bunch of people cosplaying as NARUTO characters to watch the show!

I bought a programme booklet without much hesitation (I'd usually hesitate about getting the programme booklet at any other play or performance) and it is worth the 30 bucks I paid. It's become one of my prized possessions now *holds booklet into the air Simba style*.


Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto and Gaara

The characters were all well cast, though Iggy and I agreed that Orochimaru was kinda weird singing opera and all. There were many elements of the show that were very creatively thought out, because it's always hard to adapt an anime into live action where one has to consider the limitations of the stage and show time. The actors and actresses were all very dedicated to their roles, trying to channel the essence of their characters even off stage. And most of them are around my age, with the actor playing Naruto (Matsuoka Koudai) being the youngest at 17 years old! The respective teams got along well with each other and I can't help but spazz over their backstage selfies:




Team 7/Team Kakashi: Kakashi-sensei, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura


Trying to get Kakashi-sensei's mask off to unveil the mystery of his face!



Team 10/ Team Asuma: Shikamaru, Chouji and Ino


During the battle scene featuring Team 10 Ino-Shika-Chou, they threw a huge inflated ball into the audience to pass around(the ball was supposed to be Chouji in his Multi-Size Technique) but the front row audience kept tipping the ball back to the stage. Hence poor Ino and Shikamaru had to get off stage to try to pass the ball around while Chouji stayed on stage and exhausted his limited English trying to get the audience to pass the ball BACKWARDS. Shikamaru fell off the stage in the process (MAJOR HEART PAIN) but fortunately he got up quickly. It HAD to hurt, poor guy.




Team 8/ Team Kurenai: Kiba, Shino and Hinata



Haku and Zabuza of the Hidden Mist

Overall, the audience had a great lot of fun, cheering when our favourite characters executed a technique and laughing when we understand the humour of something because we already know the story so well. I was so overwhelmed during their curtain call and took a picture to remember those feelings but ugh it's all blur.




After the show, Iggy and I decided to keep a memory of this awesome show with a picture! I'm really thankful for Iggy for spotting the billboard back in March (or else we wouldn't be here), buying the tickets and then requesting for the physical tickets from SISTIC as keepsakes and even getting me a Konohagakure forehead protector! If you look carefully I'm actually wearing it round my neck Hinata-style (or Hidan style as Iggy says).


Memories of the show: The programme booklet, physical ticket and a Konohagakure forehead protector.

It was actually really funny - how he gave me the protector. There's this scene in the first episode of NARUTO where Iruka-sensei asks Naruto to close his eyes after they both survive an ordeal. Iruka then removes his own forehead protector, tying it onto Naruto's forehead and congratulating Naruto on graduating from the Academy to be a Genin as the protector is a symbol of being qualified as a ninja. SO that's how Iggy wanted to present it to me after the show when we were still sitting in the theatre, but he just failed horribly at tying it on my forehead hahahaha.

But that means I'm a Genin now! Yay me for graduating! Now, for the Chuunin exams... *readies kunai and shurikens*

I don't regret all of this one bit. I'm so happy to have known about NARUTO, and experience all of these awesome events. Even though the manga has ended, the anime series isn't completed yet - I can't imagine what I'll do with my life after it ends (okay that's a little exaggerated but it does feel that way sometimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment