Monday 7 July 2014

18

Soooo today I'm gonna write about how my 18th birthday went :)

My birthday was on Friday 4th July and i kinda celebrated my birthday that day, but i had so much fun during the weekend break i decided that my birthday was celebrated for the whole week!

So on Friday mom and I went to Kimage at Funan to get our hair done. I don't know if it's just me, but going to the hair salon is exciting because you always look forward to having a change in your looks. I went there last year in Dec to get my hair permed, so Friday was my second visit. Mom went to get her hair dyed cos her white hair was getting obvious, and I went to get a trim and cut since my curly hair was getting out of control with split ends ugh.


Mom looking step playing with her phone while waiting for her hair to get done.


My hair took pretty long to do - the hairdresser was a trainee so she had to consult her mentors repeatedly while i just sat there awkwardly and tried encouraging her by smiling (albeit awkwardly). In the end i felt like my new hair resembled that of those rich stuck-up antagonistic women in those Korean dramas LOL.


It seems like selfies with moms are getting more popular nowadays so here you go haha.

Then at night my sister took me to dinner at my old workplace Cacio e Pepe! It felt great to be back and my bosses were so nice and welcoming. Okay I'm gonna entice you with food pics now LOL

 Italian antipasti platter with carpaccio, calamari, honeydew with parma ham, caprese, portobello mushroom and grilled vegetables!


Vongole pasta!


Truffle cream Tagliatelle




 My date for the night LOL


Oh and this is my birthday cake hahaha. My bosses surprised me by suddenly bringing this out. Turns out my sister had called beforehand to ask them to reserve a small cake for me awwww.


So it's Lava cake with ice cream for desserts!


My sister Stacey :)


And my bosses Jack and Bee!:)


My sister was testing out her new camera and she sent me this picture cos it came out nice! I can never smile properly i look kinda angry in the pic tho.

After dinner my sis and I took a cab home but when we reached our doorstep it turned out that NONE OF US HAD A KEY and our parents weren't home yet. Ugh we called mom and she asked us to just hang around and wait before they came back. So we went down to 7 Eleven where i got a flavoured Korean beer just to celebrate my legal-ness this year haha. While waiting for our parents my sis and I just sat and shared the beer while talking. Fun times, fun times.

On sat after doing the household chores with my sister, my family and I drove to Teo Heng at Ten Mile Junction to KARAOKEEEEEE!! haha recently my family (my parents esp) have been into karaoke as a hobby so my sister decided to book a room and have some quality family time.


Choosing songs..



Haha my sister and I laughed cos while mom sang the first song my dad grabbed the tambourine and started playing along as you can see, with a goofy grin HAHAHA

Turns out, 2 hours weren't enough for us but we couldn't extend our time there cos' the room had already been booked after us.

My family met up with my eldest sister and my brother-in-law at Taman Jurong to eat STINGRAY for my birthday dinner! But i don't have pictures cos' i only remembered after finishing the food and getting ready to go home. The food was really good and I was hungry so :( no pictures.

On Sunday it was as usual, going to church and all. But i decided to make lasagne for dinner for the family from scratch. Okay not really, i cheated with the meat sauce by using Preggo tomato sauce. But in the end it turned out pretty satisfactory and my family liked it so :)


Just feast your eyes on that!!! Bet your mouths are watering haha

So today I was supposed to hang out with mom but she had a headache so i went out myself to shop for stuff. I needed to get some face stuff so I went to Etude House. Since i spent more than 50 bucks there i was entitled to a free makeup by this makeup artist over there, so i ended up having to sit in the store while this makeup artist Ron did my makeup with many customers walking by to look which was AWKWARD. I felt more awkward when i swiveled my eyes to the corner and saw my band junior looking at me rather amused. 
AWKWARDAWKWARDAWKWARD.

After it was done i thanked the salesgirls and the artist there then quickly went to the toilet.

And i was shocked.

The makeup was thick!!! I do put makeup like cream and eyeliner but this was THICK. And i never had my eyebrows drawn on before so i wasn't used to it and i felt like i looked like Ernie's brother, Bert.


I went home and mom helped me wipe off some of the brow makeup so that i won't look so intimidating cos you know, the brows kinda made me look angry somehow haha.

I'm not gonna clean off the makeup yet cos mom said it was nice and wanted me to go take my passport photo after dinner later like that so yeap. I decided to take a couple of selfies just to be shameless and show you, and also to kinda keep a memory of it:



I like what Ron did for my eye makeup, though it kinda hurts cos i can still feel the tension on my lids from the lash curler pulling. But i feel great - it's like celebrating my 18th birthday with some great makeup done up, bringing out the vain female in me.

So this is how my birthday celebrations went! Yeah i didn't celebrate with friends cos i didn't make plans with them and i guess most of them are busy, but i had great fun celebrating with my family over quality time and food.



No comments:

Post a Comment