Wednesday 24 July 2013

Between Worlds


I am living between worlds. I'm neither here nor there. I can be real but I may not actually exist to you. You think you know me but who do you really know?

I am just a soul tied to my body - very much like a person holding onto a balloon, a balloon with my soul.

People all have balloons - some hold theirs so tightly they might burst any moment while others let theirs comfortably drift in. New ones are being blown every minute - different, unique, in all shapes and sizes and colours. Some balloons have been carelessly released and fly off to the place of no return, and others tangle themselves so much they can't float at all.

I'd like to imagine my own balloon - my own soul - adrift high up there, not wanting to be heavily attached and involved, and almost ready to fly off with a simple release of the hand. I feel different from the others. I'm stagnant. I run a little. I stop again. I release the string for fun and grab onto it again. I must not lose my sanity yet.

I am an alien. I am an animal. I am a ghost. I do not belong. I want the opposite of what I really want. Or what I think I want. Or what others think I want. But i'm still here with all the others. Disguised as human. As somebody who is actually another nobody when the balloon is gone forever. And I do not know, under all those guises of humans, who the rest really are - what type of alien, animal or ghost are they? If they remove their masks, will there be another mask underneath?

I live in my own world - a world I have created, the world under my rule. I get visitors sometimes in my dreams - what are you doing there for? get out of my world. get out get out get out. if you have entry I think you do mean something to me but I'm afraid of what you'll think of my world. My ugly ugly world with the familiar nooks and crannies I find comfort in.

I love acting. I am a professional actress in my major production called Life. Watch me hide all insecurities with a confident smile. Watch everyone absorb the drama. Cue the applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment