Tuesday 21 May 2013

My Time Traveller

I know i still have my Othello and Waterland Lit texts to finish reading - but they are just so mundane and boring! So I just picked up a new book to read - The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger!

 I was cleaning up my messy room on Sunday early morning (12am - 3 am since i slept for the whole of Sat) and unearthed alot of books (plus 10 year old chem notes from her NJC years) that my sister Stella had stowed away in the cupboards before she moved out after her marriage (and i took over her room:D)

And there were loads of comics too. Plus Star Trek books. My sister must've been geeky then haha.But she doesn't look like one. Just for randomness i'm gonna post like a few pics of the Leong sisters to show how we've changed!





See how much all of us have changed:D haha we should take a more recent pic soon cos this last pic was like from CNY 2 years ago, when i had my hair super short.

So i was saying - The Time Traveller's Wife - IT'S SUCH A WONDERFUL BOOK THANK YOU AUDREY NIFFENEGGER :D

 
It's about Henry DeTamble, a guy suffering from Chrono-Impairement causing him to involuntarily travel through time. And the amazing thing is that he first met his wife Clare Abshire when she was 6 and he was 36, marrying when she was 22 and he was 30. Anw here's the 2009 movie trailer to make things easier haha:
 

 
And i really love the story - it makes me think how wonderful it'll be if i could meet a Time Traveller - someone who knows my future and can give me reassurance. But it's really sad cos Henry disappears every now and then leaving Clare lonely sometimes. But i believe since absence makes the heart grow fonder their love must be really deep.
 
It'll be cool if i could time travel as well! It's like having the ability to go back and enjoy the lovely moments of the past - a playback function on our life's record player.
 


 This is my favourite scene of the book where Clare and Henry meet when she is young. It looks like a father-daughter scene, but who would have thought these two are husband and wife!:O

If i could time travel, i believe i would be a happier person unlike Henry. Henry doesn't like his ability because it means he can't always be with Clare, and unlike him, i do not have anything holding me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment