Wednesday 11 January 2017

Year 2 Sem 2

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/lavender_flowers-wallpapers.html

School just started a couple of days ago, and it's a relief I haven't barfed from apprehension when faced with the menacing deadlines of my CA-heavy modules throughout this new semester. 

The first week of school is when you shuffle awkwardly into your lecture/ seminar room, inconspicuously surveying your classmates - some of whom would be your potential project mates. Maybe you give yourself an inner fist pump when you notice that eyecandy whom you haven't seen since the start of winter break is also taking the same module as you. You chatter away with the course-mates you've sat in lectures with in the past few semesters, gossiping about your new professor based on what you heard from your seniors, or grumbling about how you're going to struggle with multiple deadlines from all your different modules etc etc.

By now, most of us in the second semester of our second year might feel a little jaded - going through the motions as we've done for the past three arduous semesters. But the anticipation and adrenaline you feel doesn't really change, just like how a runner might feel as he waits for his cue to take off at the starting line.

I'm really looking forward to breaking out of all the ennui I was immersed in from the past winter break. I'd been feeling really listless and removed from the world around me, as if plodding numbly through the days. Of course there were times of fun and excitement, but with their brevity I wind up lapsing into melancholy again. So hopefully with school starting I might be jolted back into action, into reality again.

Anyway, I thought I might write a little about my choice of the cover picture for this post. Most if not all of my posts' cover pictures have some sort of connection to, or capture the vibe of my feelings or thoughts at the moment I write the post. This time it's lavender fields, because the scent of lavender is one of my favourites. I have this little aroma burner in my room which I'd light up and put a few drops of lavender oil to create a more relaxing atmosphere in my room, especially on days I feel anxious or stressed out. It also helps that the lavender was the iconic flower used in 時をかける少女 The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, making it all the more favourable. To me, it's become a sort of remedy or visual cue to calm down whenever I may be experiencing anxiety - which would pretty much be what I'll feel for this new semester!




No comments:

Post a Comment