Tuesday 6 October 2015

Counting My Blessings


Today, I feel better than yesterday.

Nothing much has changed - I'm still beat down by school work and projects and am still pretty much unwilling to fully emerge from my shell. Yet, I feel as if it's easier to breathe for now and reflect on what are the things that made me feel better. The fact that I'm still sane and rational is evidence enough that while life has been challenging me more than ever before, I've still got a fair share of good experiences and memories thus far to keep me going.

First off, my limited edition Final Fantasy XIII original soundtrack pack arrived last week! FFXIII has been around since a few years ago so my obsession with it is really late - but that doesn't diminish its value one bit! I found a collector on Carousell selling it new and unopened, who expressed his surprise that there were still FFXIII fans around since the product had been on his page for about a year now when I met up with him to collect my prized specimen.


I was nearly squealing out of excitement when I finally got home and started to carefully unbox the contents which consisted of the soundtrack CD, a bonus audio CD and a picture book! I'm still waiting to borrow a disc drive to load the songs on my Macbook's iTunes since my laptop doesn't come with one. This has become one of my most prized possessions next to the Naruto Live Spectacle programme booklet and Card Captor Sakura CDs. I plan to buy the set of FFXIII figurines from the same dude after I clear up displaying space and get my next paycheck!

Stacey's wedding is just 4 days away from today. Time really flies, doesn't it. Another bird is going to leave the nest, and I will be alone now. It gets a little difficult just imagining how far she's going to be - and I don't mean physical distance. She would have her own family and matters to worry about now, just like Stella. But for now, I'll just be happy for her as she walks down to aisle to the next stage in life. I've been a really blessed girl as my sisters always look out for me and guide me along. Even though their hands are full now and can't hold mine anymore, I'm still being cared for and protected.

Next up, I'm really looking forward to another outing with Iggy! We've - or rather, Iggy (as he always emphasises on being credited) - already gotten our tickets to Halloween Horror Nights 5! I'm stoked because this would be my virginal HHN experience after missing out on so many years due to the untimely examinations and projects in school. Ever since I've started university, Iggy and I began to meet up or talk less often than before, though every subsequent outing or conversation still retained its element of fun since we're on comfortable terms with each other. While I pride myself in being a horror junkie, brave and all, I'm still pretty nervous for HHN5 since the reviews hailed this year's as being scarier than ever and it's been a long time since I've watched something horror-related. Nevertheless, I'm all in for a good scare!

I've only one more sociology mid-term paper to go, followed by the many project works I've to keep track of concurrently. However, I'm encouraged by the satisfactory results I've received so far. My sociology take home assignment got a B, which gave me a huge sense of relief because I honestly did not know exactly what I was writing! Also, the results for the linguistics mid-terms today came out later on the same day and I scored really well, which meant that my efforts paid off. I'm also reminded that while project work can be really stressful at times, I'm not alone - I've got group members whom I can seek help and assurance from.

With all these in mind, I will muster up strength and hope, and continue to push on.

No comments:

Post a Comment