Sunday 2 February 2014

Horsing Around


The CNY visitations have come to an end (I hope) and now yours truly is left with a croak for a voice.

I can't even scream properly when I drop my phone on the floor. All that comes out is an almost soundless squeak. I am absolutely aghast at my inability to even express myself. Hah.

So this year the general comments I got (the much feared CNY questions your relatives bomb you with) were pretty okay (yay).

Firstly many people commented on how much I've grown since they last saw me. Of course "how much I've grown" can imply SO MANY possibilities -
1) you grew so much I can't recognise you
2) you grew fatter
3) you grew *ahem* prettier

Not much different from last year, just that last year I had more people implying the second meaning and till today I still attribute it to the dress I wore (which still hangs in my cupboard untouched). This year only one uncle said implicitly that I looked fatter and I was prepared enough to merrily agree and admit I ate a lot recently without batting an eyelid! (applause). Shamelessly speaking there were more number 3 comments and while I'm most flattered I attribute it to my hair and my safe choice in my dress!

The question I hear the second most frequently goes something like this in a conversation:

"Eh got boyfriend already not?"
"HAHA no la don't have"
"Eh why. you this age should have already what."
"HAHAHA no la where got time JC so busy already!"

Okay I have to confess I badly want to be able to say "YES I HAVE ONE" without hesitation but NO. It's not that I'm desperate or something but I think it'd be more exciting to be able to surprise the relatives with an answer they were probably not expecting. It'd be great fun to see their reactions hahaha.

Here are some pics:


My 90 year old grandmom! I'm known to granny dearest as "Ah Yan (read: AH-YARN)".
 


My nephew Xukai - he's become a lot more well behaved recently and whenever he sees a young aunt/uncle/cousin he immediately runs and jumps on them and clings onto/hugs them haha.
Cheeky me tricked him into pulling his suspenders forward with his thumbs and releasing them so that they'd snap back to his chest (ouch). Of course i got chided by the other cousins haha
 
My closest cousins of the same generation - Amanda and Liyu! We spent most of the time at Gran's camwhoring shamelessly hahaha
 


The mandatory family photo every CNY! I look older than my second sister Stacey i think :/
Oh and even though I'm supposed to keep it low key and since I don't think a lot of people read my blog, STELLA AND WEIDE ARE EXPECTING!!! I'm going to be a REAL aunt soon while my parents are going to be new grandparents!!:))
 
Here's to a horse-some horse year ahead!!:))))

No comments:

Post a Comment